As Americans pack up and hit the road this holiday season, most will take email with them. According to a survey commissioned by Nokia, whose Nokia E72 smartphone is in stores now, more than two-thirds (68%) of Americans plan to respond to work-related emails while on vacation or over the holidays this year. This is up from just over half (51%) who say they’ve exchanged work emails during the holidays in previous years.
“This year, time off doesn’t necessarily mean logging off for most of us over the holidays,” said Craig Coffey, Vice President, Marketing, at Nokia. “The Nokia E72 is an ideal gift for those who want to stay connected year round. With industry-leading messaging functionality, separate home screen profiles for work and personal time, and powerful multimedia capabilities, this sleek smartphone takes the hassle out of connecting and responding to obligations that don’t stop for the holidays.”
The Nokia survey also found:
Drop the eggnog and reply to your boss
– Among those who use email for work, more than two-thirds (68%) say they respond to “important work-related emails” in 30 minutes or less, with 38 percent responding within five minutes.
Age is of the essence
– The youngest adults (18-24-year-olds) are significantly more likely than older generations to respond to work emails while taking time off this holiday season (86% of 18-24 year-olds, compared to 61% among 35-44 year olds and 67% among 45-54 year-olds).
– One in five of respondents aged 18-24 years feel guilty or fear their job would be in jeopardy if they did not respond to work emails in a timely manner.
– One in five of the 18-24-year-olds (19%) have missed an important social occasion because they were unable to access email in time – significantly more than any other age group.
Give and get
– Nearly one in five (19%) of 18-24-year-olds complete personal tasks (e.g., chat with friends, shop online, make weekend plans) while at work, while 22 percent complete work tasks (e.g. correspond with their boss, check email, draft documents) while off work or during personal time.
Add some extra holiday cheer to your social interactions with the Nokia E72′s desktop-like chat experiences and email, whether with your friends or your boss. And when you’re done communicating, snap sharp pictures of loved ones with the Nokia E72′s five-megapixel camera, then upload your pictures directly to the web or send them to far-flung family. With an optical navi key and built-in Ovi Maps with A-GPS navigation and a compass, even finding your way to grandmother’s house is easier than ever.
The holidays mean your calendar will likely be packed, but the Nokia E72 can help you balance a hectic schedule. With its multiple email accounts and separate home screen profiles for work and personal time, you can be flexible when it comes to choosing how, when, where and who to respond to – even if you feel like you’re in a rush to reply. With so many people planning doing work-related email over the holidays, the Nokia E72 handles work email with ease, using either Mail for Exchange or IBM Lotus Notes Traveler.
Keep on track of all those messages over the holidays and beyond. With Nokia Messaging, the Nokia E72 allows you to mobilize up to 10 personal email accounts, and now you can also set up instant messaging (IM) directly from the homescreen, accessing communities such as Windows Live(TM) Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, Google Talk and Ovi Chat. Just like chatting via the desktop, people can respond to friends and colleagues across multiple communities in real-time.
The Nokia E72 will cost $469 and is available through www.nokiausa.com, Best Buy and other independent retail channels in the United States. Be sure to check out the hottest holiday apps on Ovi Store on your Nokia E72, and thousands more on http://store.ovi.com.
Shoot’em Up In Sky Force | Caution – Highly Addictive
Sky Force is the ultimate classic arcade shooter, with 3d interactive objects, outstanding graphics, special effects, soundtrack and 100% of pure gameplay. See how to push the limits of your phone to the maximum. Amazing environments, tons of enemies to shoot and good old Earth to save. It’s available for both S60 5th and 3rd Edition devices and is not free. It costs £4.00 in the Ovi Store but worth every penny.
Ovi Prime Place | List Your Business With Ovi Maps For Free
Nokia has launched Ovi Prime Place, which is a great tool to get your business listed on Ovi Maps. Get others to discover, contact and get directions to your business easily, and the best thing about it, is that its 100% FREE!! Simply add your business to Ovi Maps so that customers can find you on millions of devices, and enter your business details, for example a description, opening hours, etc, to keep your customers up to date. You can slowly attract more customers as your business gets highlighted as a Prime Place on Ovi Maps.